We’re thrilled you’ve decided to apply for this project! Here are the volunteer qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older (minors are welcome to join sampling outings but asked not to lead data collection)
- Able to use a smartphone to collect data
- Have the experience and ability to travel in the outdoors with at least one partner safely
- Previous field data collection experience is preferred but not required
We’ll supply you with the tools and training necessary to collect samples from the forest. You are required to follow all environmental, safety, and permitting protocols.
The application is below the map. You may need to reference the map to answer some of the application questions about your sampling plans and availability.
Using the map:
The legend on the left (or below on mobile) shows this project’s sampling ranges for tulip poplar and ash. Overlap between the sampling ranges is also labeled.
As you zoom in closer to specific regions, the map will begin displaying public land areas where we:
- currently have permits
- have pending permits
- may potentially obtain permits
Use these three options to guide your trip plans in the application. As permits are confirmed, this map will update.
Timber Tracking - Tulip Poplar and Ash Volunteer Application