Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it cost anything to volunteer? You don’t have to pay any fees or buy any materials to volunteer with Adventure Scientists. The only costs you might incur are in shipping your nets back to us. We’d love for you to consider this a donation to this research, but if you would rather be reimbursed, just let us know.
- Can I volunteer alone? No. We prioritize your safety. In addition, the protocol requires that one person handles the butterfly with two hands while the other person photographs the butterfly.
- Can Adventure Scientists help me find an expedition partner? We recommend that you choose your expedition partner as someone that you can trust for backcountry travel and safety. Adventure Scientists is unable to match you with an expedition partner.
- Can Adventure Scientists sponsor me on my next adventure? We rely on your contributions as a volunteer to help us advance conservation research. If you are interested in promoting your work as an Adventure Scientists volunteer, reach out to us about collaborating in a Field Notes blog, or tag us on your posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- I’m planning a vacation to one of the focus regions. Can I volunteer for this project? We recommend that all volunteers live near their field site as this project require a minimum of three field visits staggered over the summer season.